HERCULES® 40 Gb/s Active Optical Module (A.O.M.)
- Full 40Gb/s Media Converter for Hercules Size 17
- 4 Tx – 4 Rx configuration full 40 GigE implementation
- Protocol agnostic
- Field replaceable – no ATR or fiber removal required
- Interfaces to industry standard single bay MT in 38999 Size 11
- –40°C to +85 °C operational range
- Power supplied through Bulkhead Receptacle
A.O.M. (Active Optical Module) Information Request
Submitting the form below allows you to receive Meritec's technology presentation.
The Active Optical Module
Meritec, in collaboration with Reflex Photonics, developed a compact and rugged 40 Gbps E/O media convertor meeting ANSI/VITA 76 standard. The module provides a simple solution to upgrade the reach of high speed electrical signals by converting to optical. Error-free transmission at 40 Gbps I/O density over a 100 m was verified in harsh environmental conditions.
The electrical interface uses a size 17 circular shell, while the optical interface is a 12 fiber MT optical ferrule housed in a size 11 circular shell. The length of the media converter is only 7 cm.