HERCULES® 40 Gb/s Active Optical Module (A.O.M.)
- Full 40Gb/s Media Converter for Hercules Size 17
- 4 Tx – 4 Rx configuration full 40 GigE implementation
- Protocol agnostic
- Field replaceable – no ATR or fiber removal required
- Interfaces to industry standard single bay MT in 38999 Size 11
- –40°C to +85 °C operational range
- Power supplied through Bulkhead Receptacle
A.O.M. (Active Optical Module) Information Request
The Active Optical Module
Meritec, in collaboration with Reflex Photonics, developed a compact and rugged 40 Gbps E/O media convertor meeting ANSI/VITA 76 standard. The module provides a simple solution to upgrade the reach of high speed electrical signals by converting to optical. Error-free transmission at 40 Gbps I/O density over a 100 m was verified in harsh environmental conditions.
The electrical interface uses a size 17 circular shell, while the optical interface is a 12 fiber MT optical ferrule housed in a size 11 circular shell. The length of the media converter is only 7 cm.